CarbonX™ HTN+CF is made using a semi-aromatic polyphthalamide (PPA) and is a true high temperature nylon [HTN] with a Tg of 125°C and thermal resistance up to 240°C. We compound this PPA/HTN with a specialty chopped carbon fiber ideally suited to high-temperature polyamides. Our HTN+CF is a go-to for demanding applications that require excellent thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance.
CarbonX™ HTN+CF (High Temp CF Nylon) Printing Filament
CarbonX™ High Temp CF Nylon is an advanced, true semi-aromatic polyphthalamide (PPA) reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber. This polymer is widely used for metal replacement applications that must resist high mechanical loads at elevated temperatures and aggressive chemical environments. HTN has traditionally been a go-to material for demanding applications in automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, electrical, electronics, and industrial markets.
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Filament
What Is It?
Fibers 5-10 micrometers wide made of carbon. The fibers are aligned following the axis of the material.
This, along with their physical makeup, are what give this material its excellent properties.
What Does It Do?
Carbon Fibers demonstrate a lot of desirable material properties:
- High stiffness
- High tensile strength
- High heat tolerance
- High chemical resistance
- Low weight
- Low thermal expansion
What Is It Good For?
Ideal for any applications which require light weight and rigidity.
Carbon fiber reinforced parts, designed to use less material and save weight, is extremely popular in aerospace, civil engineering, the military, and motorsports.
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 285-315°C
- Bed Temp: 130°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is designed to work with complex model geometries
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours